Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Rain and Mud..a few of my favorite things

I've ran 22 miles since Monday.

I think that might be the reason, I'm tired today. Today's run was really only suppose to be about 5 miles but the soft sprinkling rainshowers made Nicky and I extend it to about 7.5. As much as I hate rain in the winter, I do enjoy its cooling effects in the summer. I know I sound fickle.

I was in Memphis this weekend for a wedding. The wedding itself was just perfect, the bride was perfect as if she walked out of a wedding magazine, it was not too long and the kids behaved. It did seem a bit surreal that my cousin (the groom) was getting married, it seemed like yesterday that I was going to watch his basketball. The receptation was amazing too. A live band, a smore station, mash potato bar and plenty of family and friend. Everything was perfect, and I am glad it was for the bride and groom deserved it.

What seemed weird to me is that my cousin is 26, he is only six year older then I am. I can not imagine getting married in six years. Sometimes, I just feel so old but yet so young.

3 comments:

Judi said...

Good job on your mileage. Send me some WARM!

B K Kenobi said...

so basically what you are telling me is that you were in memphis and you didn't come see me?

i'm hurt.

Judi said...

Girlie, you have to update this blog more often. :)