Monday, May 12, 2008

I forgot about Boro weather

I have been back in Murfreesboro for about a week and I have begun the dreaded job hunting. I have been taking applications from everywhere and I still need to turn quite a few in. I am really hoping for a job somewhere I would enjoy and the hours can be quite flexible. I really enjoy having time to run twice a day if I want to but I realize that I really can’t be that picky. I trying to start up a Coaching business which might be difficult but I think I will be able to do it. I know I have the skills to be a personal running coach it is rather I can drawn a large enough group.

The semester turned out quite well grade wise, all As so far and I am sitting here waiting for my Spanish grade which should be posted by now, but the Professor has not turned it in yet. I am pretty sure I have a B, but I am never sure. I know I really blew the midterm and I have no idea what I did on the final. I can only wait and see. I really hate waiting on things, I always have.

I am really thankful to be rid of my room in the dorms. My roommate who I got along with amazingly the whole year suddenly started to frustrate me by the end. The room was a complete wreck and I tried to clean up the best I could while packing but it seems that we both lived as slobs. With my roommate only there on Tuesday and Thursday, I really had no help in the first cleaning and I am sure I left a ton of stuff for her to clean up, I kinda feel bad. She also borrowed some of my luggage at the beginning of the year and I kept reminding her to bring it back, well it never got back. She borrowed it without asking in the first place. It really upset me that she did not return it, it upset me more that she was not around for me to yell at or at least be sarcastic to. I am sure it will eventually get back to me, and next year I am in a house with a whole different group of girls. As of right now, I am sleeping on the pull out couch in my own house and trying to figure out where to place all my clothes and my three bags of shoes.

I started my training for RC Cola and Moon-pie 10 miler today. It was a wonderful six miles with my favorite running partner. I have really yet to find a better training partner then Nicky. She always pushes me and makes me do more mileage then I really ever want to do. It was wonderful to be back at the Battlefield again. I got home and our greyhound (Flibi which is said like flyby) needed a walk so I volunteered. We usually do a run type thing so after peeing on a tree Flibi decides to take off at top speed ( like 30 mph). I don’t know if Flibi figured I was the record holder for 100 meters (Asfa Powell 9.77) but it ended up me being dragged behind on the concrete until he finally decided to stop. I would of let go of the leash but with greyhounds that is like the biggest no-no, they get scared easily and you can’t catch them like they go wild in two weeks. I am beaten up pretty good and I thought I might make it through a month with nice knees. I just have the worst luck with dogs, this time last summer I had hit one on my bike and ended with a concussion and in the emergency room. Oh well, it just gives me an excuse not to walk the dog.

4 comments:

Lexie said...

i'm sure there are people out there who would love to have you as a trainer/coach! make flyers girl!

as for jobs, i am sooo lucky i have the bank to return to! i dont know what i would do if i had to job hunt!

Judi said...

Walk the dog. It's good for him. Hope your training goes well.

Cait said...

Good luck on the job hunt...and training too.

Cait said...

Thank you so much for the encouragement in writing. Hope you have a wonderful weekend.