Thursday, February 7, 2008

Lets start anew..

2008 has started off without much fuss. Tomorrow will be the first track race of 2008 season, actually the first race of 2008. I'm running an 800m indoor at Appi. State. I'm looking forward to an 2.5 hour trip to Boone, NC in a mini-van and I am the only girl. Alas, I am addicted to running and racing. There is always so much hope and excitement at a beginning at a new season. Goals never seem unachievable and injury has not started to plague weary muscles. Oh, how I love starting anew.

Speaking of starting anew, the election has been on my mind. Being on a Southren Baptist campus in the south, I have heard the name Huckabee uttered constantly. I am so very frustrated for most of these will be voters really do not know what he stands for but rather follow blindly for he is a man of faith. I thought I would like him because he was a runner.I on the other hand will be voting for whomever the Democratic nominee will be, though I looked into McCain, it is just that his views match up maybe 60% with mine. Clinton matches up about 94% and Obama about 91%. I have not really been able to discuss either of the above with anyone besides my roomate for I can not find one person who has even thought about voting for either. Needless to say, I am going to the Young Democrats meeting next week and praying that there will be a decent group.

With, the idea of starting anew...well, I am kinda into this guy but I really have no idea what to make of the sitution. We see each other around campus and have hung out a bit. I thought we had really hit it off on this group date, but I have seen less of him lately. I am thinking that he just is not that into me. Of course, I am completely and utterly horrible at this whole boy/relationship thing. I think this is due to the fact that it is just not a high priority to have such, so I do not spend alot of time on it. So, I could of been the one to screw it all up. I will see what fate hands me.

Just some other random info, I have my coaching license to be able to coach high school and middle school track and field. Now all I need now is a team. My classes this semster are rather dull, English 301, Spainish 102, Intrapersonal Comm., Enviromental Science, and Advertising. Though as much as Enviromental science bores me at 8:00 in the morning, I really find it quite interesting. I think I will try to flush my view on this out a bit more before I write anything about it.

Cara

1 comment:

Lexie said...

yaaaay cara's back!

obama is a sexy beast! i follow a more libertarian mindset, though so none of the forerunners really line up with my beliefs very well.

i am so proud of you having your coaching license!

the snow here is intense! i love it though. except slipping. slipping sucks.