Thursday, May 28, 2009

Sometimes everything falls through

The end of the school year was bittersweet. I am excited to be done with my junior year but sad to see my roommates leave. I miss them and thier quirks. They became my best friends and it is weird to know they won't be around next year. They are going on to bigger and better things.

So out of the three internships I applied for I struck out. So I am currently home in Murfreesboro sleeping on a couch. I have applied all over town but the only problem is that I have no real experience in any kind of summer job. I have called several back but was rejected due to lack of experience.

I am interning for a new running website-runtheroads.com-I am enjoying it quite a bit. I am really inline with the mission of the website which is to try to bring the popularity of road racing to the gain followers to the pro end of the sport.

I am slowly increasing mileage starting out with 40 miles and hopefully ending with around 80 miles per week by the end of the summer.

1 comment:

Lexie said...

i cannot believe someone would reject a college senior's application - you may not have "paid" experience, but all the free-lance writing you do should count for something! i hope something works out for you soon - dont be afraid to be aggressive cara!