Monday, May 11, 2009

A report of harassment at road races

Eugene, May 12 (The Cara Fake Newsgroup)- A report from Meet Directors USA is showing a rash of reports of harassment road races. Oddly, the reports are coming from women with the names of Sara, Kara, or Cara. There have been a few reports from women named Tara, Mara and Lara.

“I won Hillbilly 5k and as soon as I was handed my prize, the male winner come up grabs my bum and says ‘I’ll be your Adam if you be my Kara,” explains Cara Hawkins, “ Kara Goucher’s name and mine are not even spelled the same way.”

The only explanation for this odd occurrence is the rash of pro running couples with the female’s name ending in “ara”. These couples include: Adam and Kara Goucher, Ryan and Sara Hall, Brent and Sara Vaughn, and Steve and Sara Slattery. It appears that many male runners are looking for their running counterpart.

“It is a good pick-up line, much better then I like your stride,” said Steve (asked for last name not to be revealed) , “It has gotten me a few girls; numbers and running chicks are where it is at.”