Tuesday, June 24, 2008

To the dogs or whomever...

June is coming to a close and somehow it seems that summer has lasted too long and too short. The first week of July is family vacation, then a week a off, the Brevard Distance Running Camp for two weeks, then a week off then back to school. So much time but yet so little.

This past weekend, I ran ( I will say ran rather than race) the moon-pie 10 miler (1:28.18). This race pretty much killed any desire that I have ever thought I had about running a marathon. 10 miles was long. I got past the 3 mile mark ( in 22 minutes or so) and thought to myself in any normal race I would almost be done. The rather sad fact is that by this time next year I will have forgotten about this run and race it again.

Now for something completely different, I think I have a new crush. I get that flutterly feeling in my chest every time I think about him (and I try not to but damn facebook). I am horrible at crushes and never ever acting on them. I do not even know how to go about it. I almost want to be bold enough and ask him out but I fear rejection. Then again, if I don't do anything then I might regret it down the road. I am one of those bold girls or well I think I am but when it comes to boys, I am not so bold ( or Gryffindorish). I have no problem with talking to strangers or just stating what I believe or feel, but I have the hardest time with the opposite sex. It took me till last year to finally figure out how to flirt. I suppose I will just pray on it and see how it goes.

I miss my church back at school something terrible. I just do not feel like I am getting what I need here. I guess it is because I do not like our main minister. I am almost glad that the Rev. O'Bannen is gone of vacation so that I can hear the other minsters. I have just dived into the word more, I do believe this is the first time in a long time that I have actually kept up with a devtional.

So I am off to Bald Head Island next week with the family..well except our greyhound but we found him somewhere to stay. So I'll be back after that.

2 comments:

B K Kenobi said...

i know what you mean about churches . . . i don't really enjoy sunday mornings in murfreesboro because i really don't care for belle aire anymore.

still not sure whether it's me who's changed or the church, but either way . . . it's just not for me.

who's the crush! tell me! and go ahead and tell him . . . what can it hurt?

Judi said...

Ask him out. Good job on the 10 miler. You need to force yourself to go slower on those longer distances. You have the endurance to do a full marathon!