Sunday, June 20, 2010

Week 1 of Marathon Training for Chicago

Week 1
Mileage=45 miles (after 6 tonight)
Average Pace=7:39
Mon 6/14/2010
Evening Normal Run- VA loop very slow slog
6 Mi
46:15
7:42/Mi

Tue 6/15/2010
Afternoon Normal Run-My legs felt very heavy after a morning spin
Class
5 Mi
38:00
7:36/Mi

Wed 6/16/2010
Evening Normal Run-Best run of the week! I love getting caught in a storm
6 Mi
45:22
7:33/Mi

Thu 6/17/2010
Afternoon Cross Training/Other-A little upset that I only got a spin class in that morning due to huge storm in the afternoon
6 Mi
47:00
7:50/Mi

Fri 6/18/2010
Evening Normal Run-Really hot! Run was fine but felt like I had run in a sauna
6 Mi
45:38
7:36/Mi


Sat 6/19/2010
Morning Long Run-Beautiful run through the park. I really do enjoy trail running. I was surprised on how easy 10 miles felt after no longs runs in the past 3 week. I am still pondering proper protocol when approaching a skunk
10 Mi
1:16:54
7:41/M
I still have a 6 mile run to do this evening but we are currently under a heat warning (95 but feels like 104).  The heat has been a bit of a problem but I’m slowly getting adjusted. I should be in NC for most of July.
I had not expected to be able to feel so decent coming off of basically a month lay-off. I was running three to four times a week but nothing over 5 miles at once though last week I had made it up to 35 miles. The long run surprised me the most, I thought for sure I would be slogging through the last four but I felt better than ever.

This week has been a week of organizing my life for Austin. I finished financial aid forms and like most of America it appears I will be soon be in debt. I’m looking at apartment and have narrowed it down to two different roommates. One rooming situation is a 4 person apartment with three 20 year olds and is a very good deal. The other is sharing a place with a 25 yr old teacher/runner who it seems I would click with and is about 75 dollars more expensive. I have the money in loans to pay for either but with the more expensive one I would have to work to pay to do fun things.  I also applied to every major sporting goods chain in hopes to pick a little more cash besides what Flotrack will be giving me.

Another 45 mile week next week! I really excited b/c of USA championships. I know I will be glued to my computer screen.  I was able to go last year when it was Eugene and it is such a cool experience. 

No comments: