Sunday, June 27, 2010

Balls..that was just balls-Chicago Week 2 training


Mon 6/21/2010
6 Mi
45:04
7:30/Mi
Tue 6/22/2010
5 Mi
45:00
9:00/Mi

5 Mi
38:11
7:38/Mi
Wed 6/23/2010
6 Mi
47:00
7:50/Mi
Thu 6/24/2010





Fri 6/25/2010





Sat 6/26/2010
5 Mi
39:00
7:48/Mi

7 Mi
53:00
7:34/Mi
Sun 6/27/2010
10 Mi
1:15:00
7:30/Mi
Totals:
44.0 Mi
5:42:15
7:46/Mi

“Balls..that was just balls”-Lauren Fleshman. I don’t know if any of y’all (yes I just used y’all) are track geeks like me but at USA track and field nationals, Fleshman made a gutsy move with about 700 meters to go in the 5k and ended up winning it all. Fleshman has been injured and had to learn how to run again (there is a really good article in Running Times this month about her form). When ESPN interviewed her about the move her response was “Balls, that was just balls”. Needless to say, she is my new hero.

I did not have any balls when facing Mother Nature this week. Typically, I do not let weather defeat me. This week I surrendered. I was getting into the routine of running around 7:00 pm to beat the heat and humidity of TN. Two days in a row, I had my shoes laced up and ponytail ready to get out the door and the heavens opened up to huge massive storms. Instead of going to a gym to run on a treadmill, I wussed out and ate ice cream. So I decided to pad the week with some cross training, two cycling sessions with spandex and all.  I would have preferred running miles.

I did get a new piece of gear this week and it was only two dollars! It was been a life saver. This great piece of gear is a bug band. This plastic band keeps all those pesky bugs away. Bugs have been terrible here since the flooding earlier in the year. This band works, it is easy and simple and I don’t have to smell like bug spray for several hours. Or even worse, taste the bug spray. I was not paid to promote them, just thought I would pass the word along.

Roommate situation has been resolved. I went with the place that has the pool and is cheaper. I just now have to deal with an agent who does not know the difference between “your” and “you’re” and “yore”. His lack of common grammar rules bothers me just a bit.

This week will be a slight increase in mileage but I’m looking forward to it. 

No comments: