Thursday, March 11, 2010

Ah-Ha!

I am stressed out.

My best running friend is in Australia and that is not helping my state. I am trying to juggle school, internship, graduate school details and running. I will say that running is the most enjoyable part of my day. I sent e-mail to Nicky about living up to all the standards I put on myself.  Her response was;

“This is exactly like when you cried after you got a PR”

I could not help but laugh at this, she was right. I have these high standards for myself that I try so hard to live up to, that sometimes I do not realize all that I have accomplished.

I still have to finish an honors project, finish two more essays, and figure out how I am going to get Austin, Texas. You know what, I’ve made it this far and I can be proud of that.

Training is going well (though I am hating rest days. I just can't figure out why any plan would have two rest days. I guess my mileaholic side is coming through again). I just really need a good fitness indicator, I am longing for the track more and more lately. I even miss 400 meter repeats.

Saint Patty's day race this weekend! I am hoping for a fairly quick 5k.

1 comment:

Faye said...

I am so jealous that you're going to live in Austin. I've never been there, but everything I've heard about it seems awesome. A great live music scene, good food, and best of all, awesome for biking. My cycling friend went there last week and got to touch one of Lance's TdF bikes, and I'm not a huge Lance fan by any means, but I would have been pretty starstruck.

Have fun there, girl! I want your opinions of the city. I will need to visit myself at some point.