Monday, November 17, 2008

That was so Barbaric

"Peter said to Paul you know all those words we wrote. Are just the rules of the game and the rules are the first to go "
I often think that sometimes I look like a wild woman when I emerge from one of my trail runs. My hair is usually falling out of my ponytail and is going every which way. Any make-up that I put on that day is gone. Mud covers my calves and is caked upon my shoe. In other words, completely barbaric. Yet, it is at these times I feel most like myself.
The Celts would go to battle in the buff. A bit chilly, I believe. The Romans never defeated the Celts. Perhaps, it was because the Celts were so barbaric, so intuned with themselves and completely confident that the Romans just did not even bother.
I believe that we all need to be Barbarians to be so utterly confident in ourselves that we can be who God created us to be. Civilized people that wrap up everything in neat little boxes will never be brave enough not to care what others think or brave enough to be completely naked and vunerable.
Christianity is not about being safe. It is about being brave enough to be naked for all the world to see, and not caring.

3 comments:

B K Kenobi said...

i find this post awesome in the fact that it echoes thoughts i've been having all day.

good stuff. :)

*covers himself in mud*

Sarah said...

Agreed.
x2

Judi said...

hey cara, trail running is fun.

my speedworkouts hurt! i hate them! on my way to the track now for 7x800. wish me luck. it's only 29 degrees outside.