Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Oh, how I love July!

I love July. It has to be one of my favorite months.

Family vacation was fun and I did not kill my sisters. It might have been the first year that there was not a screaming match between two of us. I suppose we are maturing. I suppose I should back up and say that we went to Bald Head island off of the NC coast. It took us 10 hours and a ferry. Once on the island, you can only use a golf cart or bike. Needless, to say I rode the lovely rusty beach crusier bike the whole time. I counted it as cross-training. The running was ok, but it was just so humid.

One reason, I love July is the sports. Olympic Track Trials, Le Tour de France, and Wimbleton..oh mi! The Olympic track Trials were amazing. I love watching races. I could write pages upon pages about the races. The women's 10k and 5k were amazing with Kara Goucher and Shalene switching 1st and 2nd in each. I am still trying to figure out how Nick Symmonds won the 800 meters, I have no idea how he got out of that back. The men's 1500 meters was a bit of dissapointment for Alan Webb got 5th is not going to the Olympics. It must be so hard for the athletes who come up short at the trial. Training for 4 years only to come in 4th and not make it to the Olympics.

The Williams sisters are such good athletes and let me tell you sibling rivalery is great. Let's just say I own Tori at anything above 200 meters. Well, I almost own both of them in vocab but that is just slightly geeky. The finals for the men-wow! 5 hour long match!

If the Tour was a man, I would rape him. I love it for good stage by stage recap head over to Faye's site on the side.

I am off to Brevard Distance Running camp on Friday, and I plan on doing some video blogging...so stay tune!

4 comments:

Faye said...

About the Tour, amen sister.

Before the summer started, I vowed that I'd run a lot and bike on my off-days, but now it's become exactly the opposite. I am much better at cycling than I am at running. If only we had a cycling team in high school!

Faye said...

Also, I thought you were talking about Triplets of Belleville when you made your first comment. I adore that movie, not least for the cycling element.

Lexie said...

lunch was lovely miss cara!

Judi said...

July is my fave month too. AND I thought of you when I watched the Olympic trials. That could be you someday!