Friday, August 6, 2010

Brevard

I'm not going to bore you with 4 week worth of log. I'll just say that I had 3 really strong 50 mile weeks and then I took a week off.
I know you are thinking, why a week off? injury? death in the family? getting locked in the cellar with no way of escape? I am going to tell you, it was none of those. I was exhausted. I had spent two jam packed weeks working a running camp in Brevard, NC for high school runners. As junior staff, we are required to run twice a day, monitor the high schoolers and participate in the sports at night against the kids After we put these kids to bed, well it is time for us to have some fun. This involved making smores and waterfalling. The morning run began at 6:30 a.m. So needless to say, I think I survived off maybe 20 hours of sleep that week. I really to make my point, I'm going to have to put pictures in.
  Waterfalling @ Midnight
Pointing in costume on the graduation run (notice my knees-roots are hard to see at 5:45)
 
 Dancing at the top of the run
 
Group of Junior Staff on the top of John's Rock


Austin in 3 days!  

No comments: