Sunday, May 9, 2010

DNF


It is weird because I have only had one other DNF in my life; I tend to finish anything I start. I have only never finished one book, Vanity Fair (I even managed to make through Twilight). This week marked a couple of DNFs in my life.
The first DNF was my 3k race. I might have tried to do too much too soon, with 2 laps to go in the race; I simply stepped off the track. My right calf just tightened up. The twelve hours of driving could have not helped either. I was a bit disappointed but not really. I was able to see my teammates and cheer them on. I got to watch a very good 800 race that included Sarah Bowman, Hazel Clark, Phoebe Wright and the rest of the UT Knoxville girls. Bowman won in a 2:02, I think.
The other DNF was my honors project and well it was not if I did not try to finish it. The odds were against me and sometimes, you can’t always overcome them. The project got started late due to my committee of professors just not getting back to me to approve the project the first time. I moved off campus for this last semester which made everything pretty tough. Time was short. No matter how hard I tried I could not learn how to do the statistics I needed to do without a class. I’m upset with it but I’m graduating this week and that makes me happy.
This week looks like a week of rest and planning out the rest of my running schedule till Chicago.

1 comment:

B K Kenobi said...

i feel your pain on the professor front . . . i basically had to camp out outside my advisor's office to get his opinion on my thesis.