Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Boundless?

So much has happened in the last month or so. Of course, I haven’t updated about any of it. Some bullet points would include:
•    Went to New York City! Helped cover the half marathon and had a blast.
•    Went home for Easter and saw the family and Faye Zheng
•    I’m going to the Boston Marathon to help do press conference video with Runner’s World
•    My name appears in the Masthead of the latest issue of Runner’s World
•    Have had about 3-4 nervous break downs about my honor’s project
•    PR’ed in a 4 miler but more importantly PR’ed through the 5k.

All of these are very interesting topics but of course I am going to choose me running faster then I ever have. Personal records are so nice to come by especially when you think you will break a certain time and especially when you had no idea that you were going to break it. Training has been going well but I feel no fitter than I did during XC season. Yet, I was able to blast through the 2-mile mark at 13:00. I did however freak at this point and slow down (note to self just keep pace). I was able still to come through the 3 mile mark in about 20:25-so 5k around 20:35ish or faster. I came back and finished it off with a 7:00 mile. It is just so absolutely astounding to me about how fast/fit I am right now. I never really expected it. I apparently have no idea what my real boundaries are as of late.

It is a great feeling to feel boundless.

2 comments:

Faye said...

Man, I love seeing my name in blogposts!

I just finished a book called What I Talk About When I Talk About Running, by Huraki Murakami. It was a novelist's treatise on the role of long-distance running in his life, and was a quick afternoon read. I think you'd like it.

I don't think I've ever felt boundless. That must be pretty awesome.

Lexie said...

all of these things are so wonderful!